Staying in their home was a delight. We were refreshed by their warm hospitality. They reminisced (and I learned a lot). We watched home videos of days gone by. I went to Bible study with her and heard her teach God's Word. We were affirmed in our hopes of adopting (and assured of their prayers). We were inspired by their active and effective ministry even in their so-called retirement. We received practical counsel, and even received a treasure (an audio recording of Jim's grandfather ~ Little Guy's namesake ~ singing, "The Longer I Serve Him, the Sweeter He Grows").
The morning we left their home, we took pictures and prayed. Last month, when we received word of the husband's entrance to heaven, Jim recalled the words of this retired minister's parting prayer that morning:
"If we don't meet again until the other side, ..."
We cannot wait to worship the King of Kings in heaven alongside this spiritual father, when we meet again on the other side!
No comments:
Post a Comment