Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Lost and found

Our list of lost items is growing.  There are three main items that I continue to pray will be found: an important paper, a piece of jewelry, and my favorite dog-eared cookbook filled with many notes.

[Side note:  The cookbook is about to be re-printed in a new edition (see Facebook page here: More-with-Less Cookbook 40th Anniversary Edition).   One person wrote on the FB page: 
“In 1978, my husband ... and I took off for a three-year ... assignment in Brazil. More-with-Less was practical and easy to use in a foreign land. It called for readily available, fresh foods, and [our co-workers] used it heavily. When we visited others’ homes, I would go home and write beside the recipe at whose house we first tasted that dish. Now, as I leaf through the pages, a flood of memories, sights, sounds, and smells instantly come to mind.” 
My (albeit lost) copy does the same for me, which is why I would rather find it than receive the new one as a birthday or Christmas gift.]

A friend and I prayed together for our lost things a few weeks ago.  A few days later, I realized that I couldn't find my phone charger.  Then a few days after that, I was cleaning the car and pulled out a tote bag that held a change of clothes (for me, from the time when Little Guy was sick and throwing up on a day when I had to take him to the doctor).  Thankfully, I hadn't needed the clothes, but I had forgotten about them ... AND about the phone charger that was also in the tote bag.

So, I prayed that my friend would clean the area where her lost item was, so she would find it.  The next day, she told me that she had done just that! She cleaned an area of her house, and found her lost item we had prayed for.

Evidently, I haven't cleaned the area of my house where our three lost items are. :)

But I have found several other things as I clean. :)

And from the time I wrote this draft until the day I'm hitting "publish," I have lost one more thing: one of our two keys to our postal box.  Until I find it, you'll find me frantically searching pockets and purses and bags and under the seats of the car...

Have you lost or found anything lately?

No comments: