Perfect weather for planting seed corn (after days of iffy weather) led to an early morning for the Farmer. I was in a deep sleep when I barely fluttered my eyes open to say, "Good-bye."
But not for long!!
The farmer's movements around the house led to a certain 2-year-old waking up. Fun times!! (This was 30-45 minutes before normal wake-up time. AND followed a late night where he had stayed up 30 minutes past bedtime.)
We cuddled at the kitchen table (with his milk and my hot tea). We made silly faces and took selfies.
And then at 6:42 AM the text came that our speech therapist had to cancel 8:30 speech therapy today. So, on to Plan B.
Kroger, CVS, Walmart, Jimmy John's (for a special sandwich for Daddy's lunch), and drop off a few items at the mission thrift store.
At which point, said 2-year-old fell asleep ... in the car ... at 11:30. Ut-oh!
Drove home, kept the car running and the house door open, ferried the groceries inside & the cold items to the fridge, made some baggies of carrot sticks, olives, peanut-butter on celery, and grapes, and put them in a bag with a banana and the Jimmy John's sandwich, and got back in the car ... to a still-sleeping 2-year-old.
Headed out to the field to take lunch. I knew the road the field was on. I thought it was the north side of the road, and almost delivered lunch to a random farmer in his tractor, but spied two tractors working in the south field, which I know is one of ours, so I turned south. Jim saw me and called me to tell me where to park. When he finished that round, he drove the pickup over to where I parked at the edge of the field.
Then Little Guy (who had just woken up and was VERY excited about the tractor ride) set out with him walking back to the tractor and got to ride a round!!!
I asked him about it afterward. "Touch steering wheel. Daddy, 'no.' Tractor drive itself." (Touching the steering wheel turns off auto-steer.) I asked if Daddy ate his lunch. "Daddy pray. Take hat off. Put hat back on."
And, there you have it, two lessons from the day: don't touch the steering wheel, and take your hat off when you pray before you eat. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment