Awake at 6.40.
Pulled out of the driveway at 7.59.
Arrived at church for music therapy at 8.30.
After an hour of music therapy, he got to ride in the shopping cart car at Farm & Fleet, while I stocked up on nuts during their holiday baking sale.
To his great delight, there was an available shopping cart car at Kroger also. I don't think I have patience to go grocery shopping when he can't sit in a car like this. (I spend about an hour in the grocery store.)
A sweet bagger lady at Kroger helped us out to the car and talked with him.
We went through drive-thru for lunch, and hurried home to put away our already-beginning-to-melt ice cream. :( He played in our garage on his ride-on toys while I put the groceries in the fridge & freezer.
Off to the post office (it was 12.30 by then, so the post office had re-opened after lunch break), the recycling corner in our village, and then the library.
At the library we discovered that he had won for his age group in the Summer Reading Program contest!!
Home in time to read two books before naptime. He had seemed sleepy at the library, and was definitely ready for a nap. He settled down, I sang, I left and came downstairs. I could hear something over the monitor like he was moving around and then CRASH!!! CRY!!!
I raced upstairs, and after much comforting, learned that he had been jumping (!!!) and fell on the side-rail, hitting the bridge of his nose. OWWW!


No comments:
Post a Comment