Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Raising Father Tim

In each of the Mitford books, Father Tim asks Cynthia, "What do you love?" or occasionally, "What don't you love, Cavanaugh?" Apparently I'm raising a Father Tim, which is fine by me!! 

Today while eating lunch I heard:

"Peanut butter and jelly makes me happy!" 

In the past I've heard, "Applesauce makes me happy," and "Candy makes me cry."  (That last one is a commentary on our attempts to use candy as a potty training incentive. It really did produce tantrums and general unhappiness.)

I can't remember how Little Guy tried to wrap his mind around how to ask me what makes me happy.  The question came out a little switched around, but he eventually got it. 

I said, "Hot tea.  Beautiful hymns.  Hugs from Daddy.  God's Word, the Bible."

Then, "Do you want to ask me what makes me happy?"

Why, yes, Little Guy, I do! :)  "What makes you happy?"

"[I forgot to write the first few answers down.]  Songs. Bibles. YOU!"

Melt. my. heart.

No comments: