One Thanksgiving shortly after we were married, Jim and I went to Georgia where my dad and his two sisters and several other family members gathered. On Thanksgiving Day, someone initiated taking pictures of all sorts of groupings ... the siblings, siblings with spouses, all the cousins, etc.
The photos of the three siblings and of the three siblings with their spouses are now treasured memories, because three of the six have now flown away to their celestial home.
This summer at a reunion of Jim's dad's family, all six of the siblings and the six spouses were in attendance. Someone initiated taking pictures of the siblings and the siblings with spouses. The oldest is 91, and the youngest is probably mid-70s. What a heritage they represent! And what a treasure that they're all still alive!
At some point in the photo shoot (with a dozen cousins vying for prime camera locations to get just the right picture), this group of 75-91 year olds broke out in, "I'll fly away!" And one day they will, but for now, we'll enjoy times we get to spend with them and all we can still learn from them.
Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).
Chorus
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).
2.
When the shadows of this life have gone,
I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away)
Chorus
3.
Just a few more weary days and then,
I'll fly away;
To a land where joy shall never end,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away)
No comments:
Post a Comment