Tea and I go way back, but being a mom has changed our relationship. I received this lovely mug when I became a mom. And being a mom changed the way we vacation.
The summer LG was a year and a half, I started slipping away to a coffee shop every morning we were on vacation. Of course, I order tea, not coffee. And this shop serves The. Most. Amazing. Tea! I look forward to summer every year, so I can drink it! Although they sell packages of some of their teas in the shop, they do not sell my favorite.
Fast forward to Black Friday 2017, and I looked up the company that sells the tea... and bought myself a little pre-Christmas gift of 1/4 pound of my flavor (on sale + free shipping).
This morning I dumped the last little bit of tea leaves (mostly crumbled) into my special tea cup with a strainer (a gift I received upon LG's birth!).
It was a rough mom morning. I savored every sip of my last taste of this tea til summer ... and then I refilled the cup, not once, but twice! Two more months, Lord willing, and I'll be sipping it in my favorite coffee shop in the world, lost in my own little world, with my Bible, a book, a pen, and a journal ... and probably a delicious oatmeal bake also! Mmmmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment