Rather ... each day has enough activities for itself.
My days these two weeks are filled with:
- 2 hours at Panera sharing about "life as a single missionary" with one preparing to go out,
- weekly morning Bible study at church,
- coffee with a friend to catch up on some of her major life events (took a month to schedule; had a conflict; took another month to reschedule),
- hair appointment,
- weekly sanity date with friend,
- eye appointment I skipped last year,
- (which reminds me, I still haven't scheduled that mammogram appointment),
- monthly adoptive moms' group, and
- field trip.
I'd like to think this is just the exception, but every week has 2 or 3 exceptions that add up to 5 full days. And we are headed into harvest, aka solo parenting.
Just pray for daily strength, grace, and wisdom.
Please don't email with which ones I should have cancelled. Just pray God will show us, if you feel so inclined. Would it be the basic (year late) medical/ self care? Would it be the once a quarter time I get with any friend? Would it be sanity-savers? Would it be time in God's Word, without which I will shrivel up and die? (I'm already shriveling up from stopping attending prayer meeting when Little Guy started school.)
He knows. He is carrying us. He is with us. He is using the prayers of our Aaron and Hur.
No comments:
Post a Comment