Little Guy's class has Friendship Circle regularly at school. The best I understand, they learn about emotions and how to express them in healthy ways.
He told me the name of a book they read once, and I requested it from the library. It was helpful enough, but when the main character got mad, he used a word we don't prefer in our family.
I searched Amazon for more books, and requested them from our library. He absolutely loves them!!! Let's Talk About Feeling Disappointed is his favorite. Joy Berry has written several different series for different age groups.
At different times, I've searched for biblically based books on anger or lying or {insert character issue}, geared for 4-6 year olds.
Today when the Christmas 2018 Kids Catalog from CBD arrived, I spied these little 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" softcover books for $1.19 each or 99c each if you buy 10 or more (This is not an advertisement, just my sharing my happy find!). (Series listing at Amazon here.) "God, I Need to Talk to You About ... Disrespect, Feeling Sad, Lying, Sharing, Talking Back, etc.
When I realized you can buy all 24 in one hardback book, into my Amazon cart it went, faster than you can say, "I'm feeling happy!" :)
What character-building books do you recommend?
No comments:
Post a Comment