Friday, June 25, 2021

Ningen Dock

In 2007 I was back in the States for a few weeks which turned into what I refer to as my "Club Med" vacation with 11 doctor appointments, including my first colonoscopy.  

In Japan there are 1-, 2-, or 3-day Ningen Dock programs. Ningen means human, and dock refers to a ship going into dry dock for maintenance or repair.  Imagine how many tests you could have done in 3 days in the hospital!

I'm in the process of a 1-, 2-, or 3-month Ningen Dock.  Go to doctor for another purpose.  Doctor becomes alarmed and prescribes medicine or orders labs or makes a referral.  Multiple appointments have led to multiple (you don't want to know how many; I lost track after 15) vials of blood taken, multiple visits to the imaging center (I have had x-rays, CT scan, ultrasounds, and more), multiple referrals.  

My prayer is for answers ... and if not, a trusting heart.  I'd really like symptoms to resolve also, but that may not happen, right? 

My own heart was encouraged to read this post I wrote in 2017.  ::And if not::

 

No comments: