Have you thought about your Bible reading habits in 2022? Since becoming a mom, this can feel like a loaded question for me. Anything I get in God's Word is good. Big goals are harder.
This article was helpful for me. Don't Just Read Your Bible: 12 Ways to go deeper.
Jim & I did the 90-day plan in 2013 (post here). I really liked it!
A friend told me once how important it is to read the Word in many different ways just as one would explore a mountain. Sometimes you fly over it in a helicopter. Sometimes you drive off-road in a jeep. Sometimes you hike. Sometimes you stop and use a magnifying glass. You see different parts of it as you look in different ways. That helped me not feel guilty about not always doing it one way or thinking there is only one right way to study or read Scripture.
There are so many options & so many plans out there, paper or online trackers, apps, etc. Those things are only as helpful as they are helpful. What matters is that we read, and having a plan can be helpful.
I spoke with a nutritional coach a few months ago who also "offers to meet women [clients] in God's Word Monday-Friday mornings." I asked what that looks like.
She said when she asks her clients who are believers how their time in God's word is, they often say they struggle, and yet it's foundational, and this has been literally transformational for many!
No comments:
Post a Comment