Monday, May 16, 2022

When Mom is sick ...

When Mom is sick for 2 weeks and counting (influenza A and the cough that never ends ...), things go downhill. 

I managed to load the dishwasher every couple days.  And we ate somehow. Any energy I had was spent on doctors appointments. (Seriously! Monthly IVIG, monthly labs, sick visit with PCP, sick visit with immunologist.) And a lot of energy I didn't have was spent on arranging childcare for said appointments (it was a puzzle!) and driving to & from.

Antibiotics helped.  And then thanks to an unrelated condition & new lab numbers, my prednisone dosage increased.  So now I feel like I'm re-entering life. 

What am I doing now? Taking lunch to the field.  Paying bills (that were untouched for 2-3 weeks - yikes!).  Holding the children's feet to the fire to do a few chores ... cleaning the living room which was a DISASTER area!  (And then I vacuumed for the first time in probably 3 weeks once the carpet of stuff was off the floor. It was as gross as it sounds.)  Ordering a Walmart grocery order to pickup.  Going to baseball practice. (Sigh!)  Placing a Sam's delivery order for all the paper goods we were out or almost out of (kleenex, t.p., and paper towels).  Thinking about summer, locating materials I have on hand, and ordering a few supplies (both educational & gross motor, i.e. outdoor play).  Gathering the dozens of library books & preparing for a big apologetic trip to the library with fine money in hand... (Sigh!)



No comments: