School started ... with all my goals now that LM is in all-day kindergarten.
Then we took a trip for Labor Day.
Then our children had Covid.
And I spent a week with my heart and mind in Tennessee, as my dad neared the end of his life.
Then we spent a week in Tennessee.
Then I was recovering.
And spending extra time making up missed appointments.
And we also had multiple Mondays off school.
I spent one school day making a photo book for my mom of my dad's last months.
I spent another school day working on funeral food thank you notes.
And then one of our extra-curriculars changed from Monday afternoons to Thursday afternoons.
But, finally, I think I'm slowing down and figuring out my rhythm.
I'm scheduling grocery pickup either on Monday evenings or Thursday noon. I've given up on the idea of browsing in grocery stores. (I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but we'll leave that for another year when I'm more rested.)
I'm trying to keep Tuesdays open. I'm trying not to schedule anything on Early Release Wednesdays.
I've noticed that Wednesday 5.45 - Thursday 6.30 is a MARATHON!
I try to get my rest on Friday, so I can go, GO, GOOO!!! on the weekend in our efforts to use up a certain 8 & 5 year olds' energy. ;)
One thing is certain ~ our schedule will continue to change, and I still have 3 appointments monthly plus a slew of less frequent appointments. But, it's good to be getting into a rhythm and having more of a feel for what this year looks like for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment