Saturday, January 28, 2023

God provides

How often do we realize how much God provides for us?  He provides everything, of course, but sometimes it's easy to think that we work for it.  I think having our income come from farming, and not from a salary, makes me more aware, but I still forget. 

BK is a growing boy, and recently I pulled out the hand-me-downs to find bigger sizes for him.  Look at these stacks I left on our bed for him to try on after school!  We paid zero or next to zero for these.  (I might have purchased some of the jeans at garage sales.) God provides!!


We have hopes of an upcoming family vacation.  And I put a hanging toiletry bag in my Amazon cart weeks ago.  I knew I had purchased an LL Bean one at a friend's garage sale several years ago.  But since I never used it, I thought I had donated it.  

Yesterday, I clicked, "Buy now" on Amazon.  And then, after BK tried on the above clothes, I went to my closet to grab a packing cube to put some short-sleeve shirts in. 

I store all my packing cubes inside the largest one. When I pulled it out, I spied a red object behind it, and thought, "Oh, I must have just pushed one packing cube back in this space without putting it inside the largest packing cube.  

I reached in to retrieve it, and was surprised to discover that it was the hanging toiletry bag!  God provides! (And I immediately canceled that Amazon order!)


 

No comments: