I remember a few of my childhood Christmas gifts ... the calculator in grade school, the lap desk in high school, and the baby doll in a box the year that Santa (a family friend) came to our house. We received one present from our parents each year plus a gift from the cousin gift exchange. (One year I received a sheep skin rug. One year I received a box of cheese crackers.) And usually something from my aunt in Florida. She started us each on a collection. Mine was bells. I also remember the year that Grandma was with us for Christmas, so we each received a gift to open from her - a wicker trash basket for our bedroom & a pair of nail clippers. Those were simpler times.
Last year, BK's best Christmas present was a police officer costume. LM's was LeapFrog My Story Pal. Mine was an Olive & June set and Celebrate with Babs cookbook ~ both of which were purportedly from Jim but purchased by me. ;) After Christmas I received an air fryer from Jim, which was a surprise, and also a surprise in that I have ended up using it multiple times daily!
A gift from a few years back has recently given BK a lot of enjoyment - walkie talkies! LM continues to love a stuffed llama we gave her for Christmas in 2020. Recently Grandma sewed its leg back on. <3 And the Magnatiles for Christmas 2020 are still played with regularly (& were the first - and only - things our children ever built with).
After marrying Jim, I was unprepared to give a list of Christmas gift ideas to his family around Thanksgiving time, so now I keep a running list on my phone. It also helps when the children say they want something. "I can put it on your Christmas list." (I type it in the note on my phone right then. Usually by Christmas they have forgotten about it.)
So, what should I put on my list for 2023?
No comments:
Post a Comment