Day 76 ~ Tuesday, August 8th
After finishing packing, changing the guest bed sheets, and hastily trying to remove any temptations in the kitchen for ants, we left at 9:15 AM, the latest I think we have ever left.11 hours, various restroom stops, one McDonald's drive-through, multiple playaways (and even some podcasts for the front seat), lots of gum, two grocery stores, and a scenic overlook later, we arrived at my childhood home.
Day 77 ~ Wednesday, August 9th
Visited with mom & did little tasks around the house.
I skipped lunch, and my late-afternoon pimento sandwich was long gone by the time we sat down at a restaurant for meat, potatoes and vegetables. Tomorrow's goal is to eat three solid meals. :)
Day 78 ~ Thursday, August 10th
Jim and the children ran errands (post office, mouse traps, and a treat of gluten free chocolate chip cookies for me). Quintessential southern bbq restaurant for lunch. Carousel. Stopped in to see one of my sisters at work. Then ate dinner out.
I gave both children a double-dose of melatonin!
It doesn't sound like much, but we have crossed lots of items off our lists.
Day 79 ~ Friday, August 11th
Lots of answered prayer today.
Jim fed the children and took them to a State Park. They came home muddy! Success! :)
The children's class assignments were posted online today. Mrs. J for LM and Mrs. S for BK. We're pleased.
Day 80 ~ Saturday, August 12th
Had a nice conversation with Mom, about hymns among other things.
Jim and the children spent 5 hours at a nice pool facility. BK braved the high dive for the first time!!
I joined them the last hour and a half after I went to an anniversary open house for longtime family friends. A very special time!
LM crashed on the way home. I started a little packing while Jim and BK played ball.
Day 81 ~ Sunday, August 13th
Worship at the church I grew up in. Lunch. Last minute packing up, and then we headed north instead of west, in hopes of enjoying mountain scenery. Jim put it well: "I feel like I have been driving through trees for hours!"
After a horrendous rainstorm on steep curvy mountain roads, we arrived at a favorite motel stop at 10 PM Eastern time. Zzzzzz.
Day 82 ~ Monday, August 14th
The children woke up happily at 7:15 AM Eastern time because there was the promise of swimming after breakfast in the motel pool. Hopefully this will translate to getting up on time for school which starts this week. :)
(We have stayed at this hotel many times, but today's breakfast is the best non-cooked-to-order hotel breakfast I've ever had. The refrigerator held cups of grapes, and there was a basket full of individually wrapped gluten-free blueberry muffins. The children love the pancake maker and, unlike most hotels, the hot tea did not taste like coffee.)
After a rainy day of driving (broken up by Chick-fil-A in Indy and a 30-minute parking lot visit with my dad's 5th cousin to whom we delivered an antique harness), we arrived home around 4:30, feeling completely exhausted!
Supper & baths & then bed!!
Sent from my iPhone
Day 81 ~ Sunday, August 13th
Worship at the church I grew up in. Lunch. Last minute packing up, and then we headed north instead of west, in hopes of enjoying mountain scenery. Jim put it well: "I feel like I have been driving through trees for hours!"
After a horrendous rainstorm on steep curvy mountain roads, we arrived at a favorite motel stop at 10 PM Eastern time. Zzzzzz.
Day 82 ~ Monday, August 14th
The children woke up happily at 7:15 AM Eastern time because there was the promise of swimming after breakfast in the motel pool. Hopefully this will translate to getting up on time for school which starts this week. :)
(We have stayed at this hotel many times, but today's breakfast is the best non-cooked-to-order hotel breakfast I've ever had. The refrigerator held cups of grapes, and there was a basket full of individually wrapped gluten-free blueberry muffins. The children love the pancake maker and, unlike most hotels, the hot tea did not taste like coffee.)
After a rainy day of driving (broken up by Chick-fil-A in Indy and a 30-minute parking lot visit with my dad's 5th cousin to whom we delivered an antique harness), we arrived home around 4:30, feeling completely exhausted!
Supper & baths & then bed!!
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment