Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Shower devotional

I don't remember devotionals at the bridal and baby showers of my childhood and teen years.  Perhaps they were included, and I don't remember.  

My bridal showers are a blur. I'm pretty sure there was one by a dear friend at my shower in my college church.  And my sister-in-law and I think that perhaps she gave the devotional at my shower at Jim's church.

I do remember that she gave the devotional at BK's baby shower, and I hung on her every word.  

Last summer, when she and I hosted a bridal shower for one of our nieces, and we divided the hosting duties, I ended up with the devotional.  And it was a joy to think about our niece, her personality, what passage of Scripture spoke about her interests, and connect that to marriage.  

Now, another sister-in-law and I are hosting a bridal shower for another niece, and I have the devotional.  It's humbling to do so, because of course I am not the perfect wife.  But, as with all of mentoring and teaching, we are merely one beggar telling another beggar where to get bread.  

Have you ever given a shower devotional?  I was surprised to find this article, "How to Prepare a Bridal or Baby Shower Devotional," when I searched online to see if there were any tips.  

No comments: