Monday I got 16,000 steps cleaning LM's room. [It was a major job, involving multiple bags of trash, multiple loads of laundry, bags of books to be donated, etc.]
Tuesday Jim and I went to Chicago to see my rheumatologist, who was visibly happy to see my reduced symptoms! (Weaning from all the meds will likely be a multi-year process.) I also had blood drawn there for a specialized lab that isn't available here in the hinterland. Thankfully the results show that I am negative for TB. Thank you, Lord!
Wednesday I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup. Yum! And my new loose leaf teas arrived!
Thursday I learned that my brilliant and hilarious second cousin who had been on dialysis since the mid-to-late 80s (?) has his new body & heard, "Well done, my good & faithful servant."
I also spent a lot of time on the phone, had a hair appointment, dropped off a trunk load of donations to my favorite thrift store, went to ALDI for a huge grocery haul, took one child to an appointment in town, etc.! (And was thankful swim practice was canceled and that I had canceled the housecleaner!)
Friday I did dishes and laundry and more dishes and more laundry and made a bunch of phone calls to people to make sure they're doing their jobs (!). I made one of the two birthday cakes for the family party Saturday evening and gathered all the birthday party supplies.
My week included interactions with the following professionals: nurse, immunologist's office, insurance company, pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, investor, tax guy, school principal, social worker, and probably more I am forgetting.
Is it any wonder I am sleeping 8 hours or more most nights?!
No comments:
Post a Comment