Monday, June 1, 2026

2026 Summer Vacation, Days 8 ~ 10

Thursday, May 28 ~ Saturday, May 30

Thursday, May 28

  • Swim practice. 
  • I had a life-giving phone call with another adoptive mom during practice. We are reading a book on our own, then discussing it together & praying. Such a gift! 
  • Visit with an out-of-town relative. 
  • Hair appointment. 
  • More visiting. 
  • Farm for BK. 
  • Telehealth appointment from 5-6 PM.

Friday, May 29

  • Swim practice (usually it's M-Th, but this Monday was a holiday). 
  • Thrift store ($5.25 for a pair of Sunday shorts for BK, two books for my Mom's birthday, a Starbucks tea tumbler, and a few more items). 
  • Aldi. 
  • Picked up subs on the way home, and then made a huge fruit salad.  
  • Jim & BK came home for lunch, and it was nice to eat together.  
  • BK worked on the farm in the afternoon, and 
  • then the children and I went to the pool from 5.45-7 PM!

Saturday, May 30

  • My first sleep-in of summer vacation! 
  • At 10.30 we all left for our neighbor's visitation, funeral, and funeral lunch.  (He passed away almost 3 months ago.)  His earlier years had been at the Mennonite Church near Jim's childhood home, so the "old guard" was out in force at the funeral, and 
  • we enjoyed catching up with several people.
  • Jim, BK, and LM went to the farm in the afternoon!
  • I rested (I'm missing my hour siesta on school days!) and prepped food.

No comments: