Monday, June 8, 2026

Summer Vacation, Days 14 ~ 16

Wednesday, June 3 ~ Friday, June 5

Wednesday (Summer is not slowing down!)

BK & I left at 7.45 for swim practice. 

Jim & LM left at 8.45 for VBS. 

I did uninterrupted housework from 9.45 - 11.15! Made laundry detergent for the first time, cleaned out the laundry soap cabinet, and attacked the laundry "room" floor (a small pass-through from garage to house... ugh).

Picked LM up from VBS at 11.30 and visited with other moms. 

All three of us attended our library program, "Bingo for Books," from 12-1.

At 1.40, we left to drop BK off at a friend's home with a whole gaggle of soon-to-be 7th grade boys.

LM had tutoring 2.45-3.45. 

We picked BK up at 5.40 for youth group. (LM & I went to prayer meeting.) Dropped him back off at 8.50 at his friends' home.  (The other boys had gone to another youth group.)

So, today from 7.45 AM - 9 PM, I took a tour of six small towns around us. This is what summer days look like when you live in the middle of nowhere and have children who are old enough to have lots of friends & activities but are (thankfully!) too young to drive. 

Thursday

9 AM - dropped LM off at VBS 

Swung by the pharmacy to pick up this week's refills (6)

1.5 hours to work on housework and enjoy introvert time ;)

11 AM - picked BK up from his friends'.

11.30 AM - picked LM up from VBS

12-2.40 at the pool with friends from church. 

ZZZ

Friday

My nurse was here at 8 AM, and I was hooked up to an IV until almost 1 PM. 

Jim took LM to Grandma's, and she delivered LM to VBS and picked her up afterward.

BK was at the farm part of the day. 

This infusion went really well!!  I wasn't so exhausted that I slept during it. I wasn't fatigued after it. Thank you, Lord! 

I did more housework, LM & I ran an errand, I made my favorite meal for supper (salmon, rice, & broccoli), I shot some hoops with BK, and I made Scotcharoos.  Wow!

No comments: