Tuesday, June 25, 2013

1000 Gifts, Vol. 4, #59

601.  tiny rabbits eating clover in our yard

602.  rows of soybeans in the man's field behind our house, growing and hiding the brown soil underneath, making a carpet of green

603.  the contentment that comes from being industrious & seeing progress in our creation mandate of subduing the earth (and the chaos and the dust and the dirty dishes & laundry)

604.  a new favorite summer recipe - I think I could eat it every day!!

605.  a shift in perspective from seeing our summer calendar as BUSY, to seeing it as FULL -- full of opportunities with people

606.  God's grace - and my husband's! - when I hit the wall because I put tasks in front of people

607.  a spontaneous - yet heart-to-heart - conversation that touched deep places in my soul - in the foyer after church

608.  2.5 hours around a table with 10 or so like-minded folk, as we strategized and dreamed and worked on details for our church's missions conference

609.  participating in that as a couple

610.  both of us being refreshed & energized by the opportunity to use our God-given gifts & passions

No comments: