Wednesday, August 29, 2018

School day play

Little Miss is in the mimicking stage of speech development.  She points at a bath toy, and we say, "Turtle," and she says, "te-tel." 

Little Guy is really good at that and likes to do it.  He likes the teacher/leader role. :)

Today on the ride home he told Little Miss it was time for her "listening check" (just like he has at school everyday), and he spent many minutes of the ride home doing her very exhaustive listening check.  It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. :)  And she played along!  She did most of her Ling sounds, and then he moved on to words.

He had us (me) repeat the pledge line by line, and then line up (as much as one can, when driving).  He pulled apart words and had me squish them together.  And then let me go to centers, but all the ones I wanted were full, and he made sure I put my clip on the one I finished before I moved on to the next one. :) :) :) 

And, just like that, we experienced his school day.  





No comments: