Friday, April 3, 2020

20 days in

Literally 20 days in(side), and I've learned a few things ...

You have to give yourself grace. No one has a playbook for this.

Even if you're an introvert, you need people.

Just because you're home 24/7 doesn't mean you'll accomplish all those projects around the house you've been meaning to do for years (especially if you have young children and no longer have options for them to spend time at other people's homes for a few hours here and there).  If I clean one drawer a week, that's progress.  Baby steps!

You have to pace yourself.  Some days I cook a lot. Some days I catch up on washing all the baking pans.  Some days I fold & put away lots of laundry.  Hey! Some days I even wash windows. :)  But I can't do it all on the same day.

Some days are screen days, and some days are outdoor play days.  It (hopefully) all balances out, and I feel no guilt. 

When your son has 13 hours of ZOOM instruction a week, your small group meets by video conferencing, and your son Facetimes with friends (read "gives them tours of his house"), people get to see your house no matter what it looks like ... and your hair ... and your clothes ... and your face. :)

What have you learned?

No comments: