Saturday, June 13, 2020

Books, Hymns, Tech, etc.

Have you seen the screensavers from Sally Lloyd-Jones?  They can be found either on her FB page or by subscribing to her newsletter.)  FYI, she has also been doing storytime on FB live during the pandemic.

I had lost my favorite reference book, "Give Your Child the World," but found it in a box in the basement that was labeled, "J-'s nightstand."  Ha!! Guess I cleaned it off one time and just stuck everything in a box. Oops!

Have you ever seen Streams of Mercy by Barbara Duguid? (Blurb on Amazon: Inspired by the classic The Valley of Vision, these short, specific confessions respond to Scripture passages—bringing depth and honesty to your prayers and giving gospel comfort on topics such as purity, justice, waiting, and hope. Designed for congregational or personal use, these prayers celebrate the Father's mercy for his Son's sake, ask for the Spirit's help in pursuing holiness, and close with an assurance of pardon in Christ.)

In our pastor's twice daily FB live prayer times, he always includes a hymn, and sometimes it's an obscure one. Recently he even quoted one he had never heard, but it fit his theme that day. :) I think it was Lord, Thou Lov'st the Cheerful Giver (text here).

Another hymn he quoted recently was "How Good is the God We Adore." I love this!

We found Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (and the new series) on the Libby app!

Do you have an Echo Dot? What do you use it for?

Someone recommended Cynthia Rylant's The Blue Hill Meadows.  We love Cynthia Rylant!  Normally I get books from the library or used, but in a very rare move, I bought it new from Amazon.  It's a beautiful (children's) book.  And it's a beautiful thing to hold a new book, too.  Something we don't usually do with children's books in our home. :)

No comments: