Friday, June 12, 2020

Emerging

Mid-June is upon us.  We have enjoyed two weekends away (And are more thankful than ever for Jim's parents keeping this getaway house for decades!).  We are beginning to see people again. Life was not meant to be lived in isolation!

I've enjoyed several yard visits with friends sitting in yard chairs while the children play.  (Although, I find it hard to complete a thought because of ... well, parenting!)

I'm attending an evening Bible study at the church building [Side note: if referring to the church building as the 'church building' catches on after this, that will be a good thing in my opinion] this summer.  As with many things that have been made free for the viewing, you, too, could do this study in your own home. 

The videos may be watched for free here, and you can download the study guide for free right now, too.  Study guide here.    

We also decided to go visit the (local) grandparents this week.  Our visit was less than an hour (squeezed in between Little Guy's Zooms!), but filled six people's love tanks immeasurably!!  (Mine, LG's, LM's, the grandparents, and Jim's when he learned we had gone to see them.)  We need each other!!

Updating my Summer Fun post, the Lord provides. If you prayed, thank you!  Apparently for Father's Day, I found a job for Jim.  He went last night 40 minutes away, saw the outdoor play structure I had reserved on FB Marketplace, and paid the man.  Now, he just needs to find time to take a screwdriver and truck over there, disassemble it, bring it back, assemble it, and hope we don't have any ER visits with broken limbs!

11-month school is winding down for LG. 9 more days, but who's counting?! :) Little Miss has her first clinic visit this morning for OT (after 3+ months) and starts summer speech at the same clinic next week.  She had a hearing test this week to rule out hearing loss as a possibility affecting her speech (something that had been on our list for 9 months; we were just waiting until she turned 3 and then until cold & flu season was over and then until appointments were rescheduled).  LG will have summer speech over Zoom twice a week as well. So, it's not as if our calendar will be empty. :) But ... we won't be commuting 65 miles one-way 5 days/week!

And there's hope ... we have plans, which is something we haven't had in months it seems!  LG's Graduation!!, a Father's Day celebration, a possible outdoor summer Children's Ministry event (following state guidelines for day camps), swim lessons (eventually ... too long of a story to get into here), music lessons (if not this year, hopefully next), and I'm even hopeful that school will start in mid-August (hopeful enough that I bought children's masks with toggles on the straps, in hopes that the adjustable straps will fit better than elastic).  Woo-hoo!!  (What on earth will I do with 2 solitary hours every morning Monday-Friday?!?) :)


No comments: