Thursday, June 18, 2020

How we spent National Iced Tea Day

One year, on National Iced Tea Day, I got a free sweet tea from a restaurant known for their sweet tea.  This year, perhaps indicative of the economy, I could find no sweet tea offers.  

It's been a week!  And it's just Wednesday. :)

Little Miss has resumed occupational therapy in-clinic and began summer speech therapy in-clinic.  Little Guy was able to visit his school one day.  I had forgotten how relaxing it is to only have one child at home for a few hours.

LM's sleep schedule is completely messed up, as in totally random, including 3 AM calls for "Wake-up time!"  She has even begun napping again (sometimes) ... but then that makes bedtime hard. 

We are enjoying the wading pool.  And now the parts of the playset are in our backyard, waiting to be power-washed, painted, and assembled (not necessarily in that order). 

On Tuesday LG & I both had 1.30-2 PM Zooms, then I needed to join him for his 2-3 PM Zoom, but I had emailed the provider earlier to ask if we could just do 2-2.30, because I had forgotten that I had a 2.30-3.10 Zoom.  Whew!

We miss the library!!  I'm thankful that over a year ago, I visited a neighboring city's library and linked our library card to their system (our small village library has a reciprocal agreement with them!).  I'm thankful they are now open for curbside pickup. 

I requested my max of 12 books the day they opened up again.  They were inundated, and it took several weeks before our books were available.  At that point, they were only open 3 hours a day, and three lanes of cars snaked through their parking lot to pick up books. (It was not a quick errand!)

The process is a lot smoother now, and we zipped in and out today to pick up our books. 

Today ... LG had a Zoom at 9 AM, we had a friend Zoom at 10, we left for town around 10.45, and returned at 1.15, LG had a Zoom at 1.30 PM and again at 3 PM.  No wonder I'm tired. :)

We go to town at least every two weeks for my allergy shots, and pack in as much as we can! 

Drive 30 minutes.
Park at allergist's office.
Greet friend who has come to entertain the children while I run in to sign two papers, breathe into a peak flow meter, and get four shots.
Go outside and wait 30 minutes.
Go inside for a nurse to check the injection sites.
Drive across town to the library. Utilize curbside pickup to collect new items.  Drop off old items.
Go through drive-through for lunch. This time we chose the more reasonable Steak & Shake, where even with my splurge of a sweet tea (since it's National Iced Tea Day), it was 1/3 the cost of going to our beloved Chick-fil-A.
Stop by Walmart to have our grocery order put in the trunk.
Drive 30 minutes home.

And rush back to our Zoom schedule. 

One day I will look back on this and wonder how we did it. :)

No comments: