Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Never-ending

The cleaning and picking up of toys, laundry, dishes, etc. is never-ending.  Maybe that's why the little steps of progress are so celebration-worthy in my mind!

Things like:

  • refilling the hand sanitizer pumps in both front doors of the van,
  • cleaning out & rearranging my spice cupboard (aah!), 
  • finally putting my GF flour in a canister in the cupboard,
  • making our bed again (that was a quarantine habit that got pushed aside during our summer of frequent weekend trips, and our room being a staging ground for packing & unpacking),
  • culling our books (yet again!) and selling 7 lots of children's books,
  • creating beauty on our front steps with mums (in apple baskets) and pumpkins,
  • taking time to water the mums every day,
  • creating beauty on our mantle and the top of the bookshelf, as I decorated for fall (high up where little hands can't reach them),
  • organizing all the junk outdoor toys in the extra space in our garage, so that everything has a home,
  • clearing off the (not one, but) two stacks of books (each a foot tall) on the side table by "my" chair in the living room [I listened to a podcast yesterday where the lady spoke of realizing that she had been "decorating" her bedroom for 6 weeks with a pile headed to Goodwill; I had been "decorating" our living room with stacks of books!], and
  • catching up on laundry so I could wash all the bulky items blocking the hallway by the laundry room. 

Little steps are important! What little steps have you celebrated this week? 

Also, I recommend the podcast: A Slob Comes Clean ;) 

No comments: