Townwides are back!! This weekend there are 32 sales in a town of 800 just 5 miles from us, and next weekend my favorite townwides are proceeding as scheduled in a town 15 miles away. Of course, there are pork chop sandwiches, lemon shake-ups, and homemade cookies for sale, too. :)
A friend and I shopped as fast as we could from 9-11 AM while Little Miss was at preschool. I didn't keep track of how many sales we hit or how much I spent.
What did I find?
- a bag of clothes for LM,
- a winter jacket for her to wear in a couple years,
- an unopened package of kids' undies,
- a windbreaker for Little Guy to wear next year,
- one toy (Fisher Price binoculars for 50 cents which I already regret, due to the fighting),
- a few paring knives,
- a small lazy susan to use in a cupboard,
- a Melissa & Doug giant floor puzzle,
- a Leapfrog (non-electronic) game I regret buying (after I got home I read the reviews on Amazon & I concur),
- 5 DVDs (Curious George, Toy Story, etc.),
- one book (Sarah, Plain & Tall),
- a bag chair, and
- a small bookcase to hold DVDs.
My best purchase was a $5 tabletop foosball game!!
My most obscure purchase was five packs of probe covers for our ear thermometer (@ 25 cents/ pack!). We're going through them like crazy, now that I need to know their temperature regularly, not just when they're sick.
I didn't have a shopping list this time, other than jackets, swimwear, and pajamas for LG & LM. And, I even forgot to pray as I set out, that God would lead me to good deals & things we need, and give me self-control to say no to things we don't need, no matter how good a deal they are. :)
I had not been shopping in 6+ months (except for Saturday morning garage sales one day this summer with 2 children, and we got rained out). So this was super enjoyable, especially given the GORGEOUS fall weather: clear blue skies, crisp air, and low humidity!
Wonder what treasures I'll find next weekend at townwides. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment