Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Mugs

Our dishes came with mugs (or tea cups I guess), but they are relegated to a drawer in the china cabinet.  My favorite mugs have always been ones for $1 at Big Lots or a thrift store.  They don't last forever, and this year a white one shattered on the kitchen floor.  It had been Little Guy's art-for-sale project at school 3 or 4 years ago. Painted with a design and baked in an oven, the paint came off pretty soon, but it was a GOOD mug and kept tea HOT! (16 oz. Basic White Stoneware Mug by Thomson Pottery at Home Depot, FYI)

I already had in my cupboard a Longaberger Woven Traditions Butternut Mug for $1 from Goodwill  and a Longaberger Horizon of Hope mug also found for $1 at Goodwill.  

Last week I found this one for $1.   I love the shape, the handle, the design, that it's Royal Doulton, how unique it is, etc. 

I guess I don't like sets. I like unique mugs that were unique finds.  What about you? Do you have a favorite mug?




 

No comments: