Saturday, February 12, 2022

Foreign News

One night when I was suffering from insomnia, I turned to a podcast, and for some reason, the Apple Podcast app recommended "Labrador Morning" from CBC - Radio Canada. 

It sounds funny, but I have become a huge fan! :)

Sometimes I listen to other podcasts from other parts of Canada (full list here).

Why should I care about the local news in Newfoundland?  It's actually refreshing, because it is not closely related to me, and I don't have a preferred opinion about their local decisions.  

I think I enjoy it because it's cross-cultural, yet it's accessible since it's in English.  

One of the episodes I listened to this week mentioned the Grenfell Gallery of Art, and then I fell in love with the podcast even more.  I read a biography of Wilfred Grenfell many times over as a pre-teen and teen.  So, I've "visited" Newfoundland & Labrador before. :)

No comments: