Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday to-do list

I woke up early to start working and made a long to-do list, including things to order for the household, cards I want to send people, and several business phone calls I need to make.

But our morning routine leaves me feeling like I have been through the wringer. 

So, I went to the 40-acre (basically tree-less) park and sat and read on my Kindle for 30 minutes after school drop-off.

Then I re-wrote my to-do list:

  • batteries in old phones
  • batteries in two hand-held games (Catchphrase & Boggle)
  • load & unload the dishwasher
  • return Aldi bags to the trunk
  • empty the stuff in the van
  • do two loads of laundry.
Those things were do-able.  And that's all I did. I ate leftovers for lunch and then took a nap. 

We may have sandwiches for supper. 

I am overwhelmed with sadness for western North Carolina & East Tennessee. I am in turmoil over things I am discovering about our local schools.  And, as parents, we are always being detectives about our own children's hearts and how best to shepherd them. It's exhausting! 

Someone told me last week, "You need respite!"  

Until then, I will meditate on these verses.

The Lord's unfailing love and mercy still continue,
Fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise.
The Lord is all I have, and so in him I put my hope.
(Lamentations 3.22-24, GNB)

No comments: