Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Teacher Institute

Growing up, in a different time & place, we called it "Teacher Workday." At any rate, our district had one on Monday.  

I planned a fun afternoon at a pumpkin patch with friends. But then the forecast showed lots of rain on Monday, so we went on Saturday.  Our friends were attending a local conference, so I ended up taking their two older children along with our two, instead of having an outing of two moms with their respective children.  It worked out, and all had a great time! 

But Monday ... we had no plans.  Not good. ;) 

I started a massive decluttering project before the children woke up.  Also not good perhaps. ;) 

LM unloaded the dishwasher & BK & I loaded it. I swept the kitchen. LM & I mopped it.  And BK vacuumed the living room.  It's a start. :) 

I did a few projects... 

I set up the new phone system I purchased from Amazon (our home phone had D.I.E.D. and according to the manufacturer, the batteries are no longer available for purchase).  And then I realized that it has no answering machine.  Ugghh. Google showed me that I can indeed purchase batteries for the old (20 year old) one. We'll see if new batteries are indeed the solution.

I emailed the audiologist & sent photos.  And then I followed her instructions and played audiologist, changing out a receiver on a hearing aid.  There's a first time for everything! :)  It saved us a 70 mile trip there & back for a hearing aid repair (assuming they would have had an opening). 

And on Tuesday morning I made Pillsbury canned cinnamon rolls and two children had no trouble waking up to that, so we were thankfully on time for school after a long weekend. :) 

And after they were at school, I moved s-l-o-w-l-y, crossing things off my list, my list that included things like "brush my teeth" and "wash my hair" and also some medical calls, Moms in Prayer announcements, and some lengthy e-mail replies, before I went back to bed! :) 

No comments: