Saturday, September 7, 2024

Our week

We spent Labor Day weekend in Wisconsin with family, including church, fishing/swimming, ice cream, a motel, the motel pool, and the county fair!  Whew!

We made it to two tutoring sessions ... not happily, but LM worked hard when there!

LM got glasses ... and she is so very adorable!! :)

BK had a morning appointment that included his favorite (Chicken Minis) before returning to school. :) 

BK's Awana group had a hot dog roast & outdoor games ... and a friend transported him, because going early interfered with tutoring. 

Swim team started!!! Yay!! 

I have an envelope containing $58 ... from our three jars of change. (I thought there would be $20.) Plus the children got delicious popcorn from the bank.  It pays to visit it on Friday. :) 

After years of being empty, the two wall sconces in our bathroom have floral arrangements (thanks to some time I had in town between an appointment and my Walmart pickup, so I perused Hobby Lobby).  

And the teachers have chocolate ... and a reminder that moms are praying for them! 


And our Moms in Prayer group which was two of us for three years, and three of us last year, multiplied this year. So far, there are a total of 7 moms praying for our grade school, middle & high schools, and local Christian school!  

I realized I have a password & login for my mom's online health portal, even though I hadn't checked it in two years, so that is helpful!

I'm enjoying the early fall temps while sitting on our front porch. :) 

Awana special needs stickers are the best!! (They contain shortened versions of each verse and are placed over each verse in the book.)

Last night I stayed up late finishing a book which one of my cousins wrote about her dad's 90 years (including 50 years of camp ministry) and all that God has done.  She estimates he had the privilege of sharing the gospel message with more than 150,000 people over the years, including the camp ministry, planetarium, science lessons, science museum, gospel train, and hospital chaplaincy!  What a gifted man!  What a life committed to Christ!  What an inspiration!

No comments: