Friday, June 20, 2025

Summer Vacation ~ Day 18

Monday, June 9

At the pool 20 minutes away by 8.30 AM for a perfect summer morning for swim team practice! Both LM & BK are now in lane 5 (out of 6) for practices.  They have such amazing coaches! LM is always thrilled to see the other girls on her team. 

Rest time until lunch.  Jim & BK went to the farm.  LM & I ran to the post office & the library (Hooray! I found two lost books which I had actually paid for on Saturday!  They were between a folding table and the tabletop foosball to make it even. So random!) LM took a bath (mostly to wash all the chlorine out of her hair!), and then I sorted oodles of laundry while she folded towels.  Then she picked up the floor while I did dishes.  

I feel like the house is completely out of control!  I always feel this way at the beginning of summer, as we're adjusting to lots more bodies being in the house for lots more hours. 

BK had baseball practice from 5.30-7.30.  LM & I visited the grandparents awhile, and then I visited with a mom I didn't know, while LM cheered on a game on a neighboring diamond. 

If you're catching on, we left at 8 AM for sports, and we were out til almost 8 PM for sports! 

Oh, the big news is that LM begged to read the Bible verses after lunch... and did!! "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain." She read every word except "shall"!!!  We clapped!!!

No comments: