Wednesday, June 11
We were all tired, heading to 8.30 AM swim team practice. BK got four ribbons from last night's meet!
LM loves playing with her friends. Her friend's grandma brought her today ... and she has the same first and last name as LM's grandma!! And the grandmas know each other. :) We found out at the swim meet last night that LM & her friend (who were on swim team together last summer too) were on the same cheer squad this winter. They didn't realize it, and neither did us moms, because neither of us went to practice. Ha!
After two hours at the pool, we dropped off a bag of donations at the thrift store & went in to see if they had any dress shoes in BK's size. Instead, I ran into a sweet friend (& volunteer there) who stopped and prayed for me right there in the shoe aisle, for my summer and for BK and LM to come to love Jesus and walk in obedience to His ways. Cue all the tears.
BK picked out this mug for me, and my friend was quick to let him know how thoughtful he was and how special she thinks the mug is, and to let him know that his mom is indeed blessed.
Home for a quick lunch of hamburgers, fruits & veggies.
Off to another pool to hang out with friends from 12.30-3. The other mom and I spent most of the time talking.
LM went to tutoring from 4-5.30.
Supper was delicious if I do say so myself ... instant mashed potatoes, leftover veggies, and roast beef from the crockpot. And no dishes tonight. :)
In addition, I also had multiple phone calls and emails and texts today (at two different pools!) as my turning-91-next-month mom was discharged from the hospital to a rehab facility. We've seen a lot of answered prayer in the past week! I also had emails to and from a gymnastics place, and had online registration for LM. Plus a long conversation with her tutor about the state of education. And one more day went by without doing the massive paperwork for BK to go to camp next week. I'm exhausted!


No comments:
Post a Comment