Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School

New teachers, new students, and new first-graders are experiencing their first day of school at CCSI today. Students who left this summer for a year or two in the USA, and a recent graduate starting college this week in the USA, will be missed more than words can say in this closeknit school of 20-30 students.

Around the world, this story is repeating itself. I personally am aware of high-school aged missionary children on two continents who started boarding school this fall, and others who are transitioning this fall from homeschool to a traditional classroom.

As I write, some of "my children" are starting their first day of kindergarten in a one-year bilingual pilot program. Where will the next twelve years find them? What types of schools? Which countries?

I do not know the future. But I know that there is One who cares for them infinitely more than their own parents do. And He is faithful.

No comments: