A few years ago, I needed to explain to someone how to open the combination lock on my mailbox, and so I wrote out explicit instructions. Later the person asked me, "Why did you say, 'Turn the knob towards the elevator,' instead of saying, 'Turn the knob left'?"
~~~
On my last Home Ministry Assignment (HMA), my parents and I took a 1500 mile road trip. My job was to navigate. It didn't take too long before my dad was requesting that I PLEASE stop flailing my arm to point in the direction he should turn and instead use the words, "right," or "left."
~~~
Both of these people were pulled into my little disability. It is one thing I have lost since living in two worlds. In one of my worlds, cars drive on the left, and in my other world, cars drive on the right. When forced to, and given time, I can think it through and spit out a tentative, "left" or "right," but even then, my chance of being right is not very strong.
No joke!
No comments:
Post a Comment