Once again, today I will attend the worship service at a local church. But, once again, it will be a church I last visited five years ago.
Last week I had a wonderful time of worship and a special time of fellowship at a small country church, where I had had the same experience five years previously.
I'm worse than a Christmas and Easter church-goer! I don't even attend once or twice a year! Just once every five years!
Not being a regular participant in a local congregation during this year of HMA is trying.
2 comments:
I understand. We've had a couple of places we go when we have nowhere else to be, but even that is difficult.
BTW this is a strange photo - the church appears to be sinking!
Wendy, yes it *is* a strange photo. :) I snapped several from the driver's seat as I was driving down the road, leaving the church, and this was the best one. The church sits on top of a hill... or, I guess, just over a hill, so it appears, from the vantage point of the road in front, to be sinking. I don't think its spiritual state is sinking, though. A great church with solid preaching, joyful worship, and close community. A joy to attend!
Post a Comment