Saturday, June 12, 2010

My TV expired

I know. I know. I don't have a TV... at least in this country.

I did not grow up with TV, and enjoy living without it, but in Japan I had a TV for language and cultural adjustment reasons (and to turn on after an earthquake, to know where it was and how strong it was).

My TV is still in Japan, where friends have been using it. When I went to Japan last month, I sold it to a new missionary, who would take possession of it after the friends who are using it leave for the USA in late June.

Except that ... yesterday the friends wrote to say my TV expired.

Now I need to return the new missionary's money to him.

And if my friends had not seen an ad for free TV disposal, I would have needed to send them the money to throw it away.

Living with belongings in only one country will reduce some stress!

No comments: