Saturday, August 7, 2010

Marking time by seven Saturdays, #6

(posted August 13th, as if I were writing it August 7th)

Today I am continuing to unpack (in our new home in the Midwest).

Last Saturday I was packing (at my parents' home in Tennessee).

Two Saturdays ago, I was enjoying the splurge meal of our honeymoon.

Three Saturdays ago, was the WEDDING!

Four Saturdays ago, we celebrated my younger niece's birthday!

Five Saturdays ago, Jim came to visit and we celebrated the 4th of July with friends.

Six Saturdays ago, a dozen relatives I had not seen in decades stopped by, and my parents and I attended a patriotic concert with two of their great-nephews.

Six Saturdays from now, I have no idea what I will be doing!


So teach me to number my days
that I may get a heart of wisdom.
Satisfy me in the morning with your steadfast love,
that I may rejoice and be glad all my days.
Let the favor of the Lord my God be upon me,
and establish the work of my hands upon me;
yes, establish the work of my hands!

(adapted from Psalm 90.12-17)


Marking time by seven Saturdays

Marking time by seven Saturdays, #2
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #3
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #4
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #5

No comments: