It's mid-morning Monday, the sun is high, the corn that borders our yard is probably curling, I'm slowly emptying a pot of PG Tips, the windows are open, and a most lovely breeze is flowing through the house (something I really missed my last four years in a very windy city in Japan, when I lived in a 5th floor apartment without central air and which was designed in a way that there was no cross-ventilation). Aah! for a breeze indoors!
I'm trying to avoid looking all around me, as the projects and piles and dirty dishes are beyond belief. There is order in a few areas: the dining room table, spread with a cheerful cloth, has several neatly stacked piles of paperwork for our home study; by the telephone is a very orderly list of four offices I need to call this morning; and THE LIBRARY IS ORGANIZED!
Yes, that is caps lock news, for my procrastination abilities have been perfected during this project of merging our collection of books (books collected over a combined 50 years of adult life). The project is not 100% complete, but the worktable with stacks and stacks of yet-to-be-shelved books is empty!!!
What books would you like to borrow? It has made me happy in the past week to be able to loan out books to two people, a sign that I'm settling in and being who I am - a book loaner? - in my new place.
There were 13 events on our calendar this week (Monday through Friday), but mercifully the appointment this afternoon was canceled. Twelve is still about seven too many, so I am thankful for this day of rest from activity.
1 comment:
You are SO lucky you got to keep your books! I was forced to purge by at least 2/3 when we married...
Post a Comment