Recently I noticed on Facebook that a friend is taking her city's 100 miles in 90 days fitness challenge. I don't live in her city, and Tiny Town isn't having any such challenges that I've heard about. But I printed a July - September calendar, posted it on our fridge, and started logging my miles! Since we'll be gone so much in July, I started out doing more than a mile a day. In the first 8 days, I logged 12 miles (mostly on our treadmill ... after months of no use), and started searching for a mid-to-late September 5K to walk.
Taking a challenge ~ even on my own ~ apparently motivates me.
Looking back, last November I took the Thankful for 100 Things challenge, though I never completed it.
And last October, I took the Weight Watchers 8-weeks-til-Thanksgiving challenge (which I did complete successfully!).
Just a few weeks ago I also signed up for a 30-day challenge from Revive our Hearts. They offer several and send emails to your inbox daily.
During May, some friends and I did the de-cluttering challenge.
And, of course, there's my life-changing 1000 Gifts challenge from November 2006.
Yes, apparently I just need a good challenge. What about you? Do you work well with a challenge like these? Do you have any challenges to recommend?
No comments:
Post a Comment