Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Ears

We have been blessed, in that after that first exhausting week, Little Guy hasn't tried to take his hearing aids out.  In fact, he is quick to tell us if one is starting to come out when he's running around.

But we still have a different normal:

I bought a toy stethoscope at a garage sale.  I had to teach Little Guy to wear the ear pieces around his neck like a necklace, so he wouldn't try to put them where his hearing aids are.

He likes to wear Mr. Potato Head's glasses, so I wanted to look for a pair of sunglasses that fit him, but then I realized he has hearing aids where the earpiece would go.

Sunday morning he got out of bed with messy hair.  Without thinking I pulled out a spray bottle of water to wet it down before I combed it.  Then I gasped, wondering if I had gotten water in his hearing aids.

He likes to tell stories about his hair cuts.  From the time of his first hair cut, he has said, "Spray!  Tickle!" Now he has added the first step: "Ears OFF!" (aka, ears OUT).

I have had to mete out punishment to Baby (baby doll):  "Baby, don't take Little Guys ears out." :)

This morning when I put Little Guy's ears in, he wanted to first put one in Baby's ears.

It's our normal.


No comments: