Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Break, Or "Why I Needed a Coke"

Spring break wasn't on my radar, but it turns out that we're on spring break!  Bible study doesn't meet the week of the local school district's spring break, and two of our therapists take spring break off as well.  Because Awana takes spring break off, the prayer meeting that meets at the same time does, also.

That means that our calendar looks BARE!  Monday morning we host play group at our house. That is ultra low-key.  Speech got moved to Thursday morning, after which we'll hopefully stop by the allergist's for shots.  End of events.  Wow!

What to do?!?  Well, we've already fit in one trip to see Grandma.  Maybe there will be more. Who knows?  If we weren't having a windstorm, we could play outside for hours and hours.

The week got off to a good start Monday morning before play group, when I cleaned most of the downstairs floors, put out our Easter decorations, and scrubbed the half bath on the first floor. 

A little bit of motivation begets a little bit more. :)  Cheerful Easter decorations, combined with bright sunny skies, help, too.



The shamrock is proliferating and taking up half the kitchen table almost.  That sign of life is encouraging, too.

The fact that I wasn't expecting spring break is a fun little surprise, too.  This morning I cleaned the fridge, i.e., took every item out of it, scrubbed every surface, threw away old food, and put everything else back in.

Having a previously-unheard-of spic and span fridge, knowing clearly what food was on hand, and having time at home all morning led to cooking a pretty good lunch, if I do say so myself. :)  Baked chicken, oven-roasted vegetables, and french fries.

The downside of not going somewhere every morning is that Little Guy has a LOT more time on his hands, something he is not accustomed to.  At a bare minimum, if we have therapy, he has one hour in his carseat and one hour in therapy, aka "playing with a grownup who is focusing their whole attention on him."  So you can see how he was disappointed with my industrious morning. 

Thus, by the time naptime rolled around, I was spent emotionally from the training aspect of the morning, and immediately indulged in a rare treat: a can of Coke!  I'm not sure how much of a spring break I can handle. :)

No comments: