Do you get in breakfast ruts?
I do.
There was the season that I bought 10 or 15 pound boxes of oats (as a single), and had oatmeal with apples, walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla every morning ... for years apparently!
I've had the fried egg rut, the peanut butter toast rut, the apple & yogurt rut, etc.
Each January I get in a fruit salad rut. I'm loving our winter fruit salad - kiwi, pear, apple, blueberries (fresh or frozen), canned mandarins, and (if I have them) pomegranate arils.
The children are decidedly in a waffle rut. Frozen (whole wheat) waffles if we're short on time. Homemade protein waffles otherwise.
I've been on an 18-month search for portable eggs that are more flavorful than hard-boiled. I made a dozen of these this weekend, and other than using some sausage that is too spicy for my preference, I really like them! Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese Egg Cups They may become my new breakfast rut. Ha! They're markedly cheaper than the sous vide bites at Starbucks - AND they have vegetables!
What breakfast ruts do you get in?
No comments:
Post a Comment