Thursday, January 3, 2019

Year-end

4 nights of overnight guests staying with us.

1 day of packing.

1 day of driving.

5 days and 6 nights staying with my parents.

Celebrating late Christmas, 50th anniversary, and two birthdays.

1 day of driving.

1 visit to Urgent Care.

Lots of steroids, antibiotics, and anesthetic cough meds.

More new stuffed animals, baby dolls, and fun toys than I can count.

1 stuffed van (ha!).

2 broken baby monitor cords (They've been in constant use for almost 5 years, and thankfully the company offers replacements for sale).

Oh, and Contentment! Ha!  When we were opening gifts on the 25th, and people asked what I opened, I showed them a 31-day devotional and said, "I got contentment!"  If only... :) 

Seriously, though, may 2019 be one of contentment as we gladly accept from God's hand all that He sends. 

Lord, I am willing
To receive what You give;
To lack what You withhold;
To relinquish what You take;
To suffer what You inflict;
To be what You require;
And to do what You send me to do. 

~ quoted in I Exalt You, O God, Jerry Bridges, p. 19

No comments: