This week, Mom even read a book! {shock!} Hooray!
Charles Martin's "Long Way Gone" was introduced to me by a friend from church who learned about it through her town library's Blind Date with a Book. :) It may be considered Christian fiction, but it didn't feel that way. It's well-written, solid literature. The book I read is based on the Prodigal Son. I'm looking forward to reading more of his! Bonus: this book is set in towns that we drove through this summer.
During our commute we've moved on to the audio version of book three of The Sugar Creek Gang. Little Guy would love to be in the gang! And he's already decided which boy he would be, "because I'm mischievous." :)
Bedtime reading continues to be re-runs of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, though we can only read half a chapter, and it counts as two of our three bedtime books.
Our church library has so many new books for children!! This week we checked out:
- God made me unique, by Joni & Friends (part of an excellent 4-part series on diversity, gender identity, disability, and protecting our bodies),
- Jesus and the Lion's Den (we haven't read this one yet, but I'm excited at the premise of showing children the connection between the Old Testament stories and Jesus!),
- Goodbye to Goodbyes (the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead, a good intro to our eternal hope!).
2 comments:
Just finished the Emily trilogy last night by LM Montgomery, same author as the Anne of Green Gables series. Anne of Green gables is my favorite book, so it was fun to read some other books by Montgomery.
I should read those again. That's the type of stress-free reading I need. :)
Post a Comment