Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Photo dump

It's 9.30 pm.  As we drove home (at dusk) at 5 pm, combines, grain wagons, and semis hauling grain were working hard in fields we passed by.  Apparently my farmer is still working hard in some field, also.  A farmer near our house is working loudly right now.  (Lots of beeping for going in reverse, plus it sounds like he needs 10 or 20 gallons of WD-40!)  Thankfully the children are sleeping through it!

Below are several random photos.

We have tried a nighttime routine visual in the past. It's time to start up again, and this is my favorite one I've seen.   It's simple - a file folder and some velcro and stick figures.  The child can check each item off by sticking the velcro together.  And it seems like something I could actually make! (That's the best part.)

One day Little Guy came home with a baggie of slime he had made at school.  He proceeded to lovingly make cupcakes for me in his 'oven.'  I assured him they were the most delicious cupcakes I had ever eaten!


His speech therapists are amazing! This came home in his backpack one day during the time he was working on final -l sounds.  "Another wheel," was the phrase that his therapist was modeling and he was repeating as he glued wheel after wheel after wheel onto the truck he made!



We had a record-breaking snow the last day of October.  LG absolutely loved riding his bike around in it, and pulling a sled behind it.  The next morning the bike (that had been left out all night) looked like this:



My husband loves me well, and I have a new dishwasher.  After several weeks, I read the instruction booklet, and am *loving* the 3rd rack!  Emptying the silverware and putting them in the drawer is super easy!



One afternoon Little Miss fell asleep in the van, and LG and I drove around for awhile to delay waking her up.  I just had to stop on a country road and take pictures of this amazing fall day!


Little Miss is fully two. Enough said. :)  In her defense, she will also sit and leaf through books for what seems like an hour at a time.  This just happened to be less of a sitting still moment.



I snagged this in the Dollar Bin at Target.  LG has really become motivated.  I had no idea it would be such a wonderful fine motor activity!  Thankfully he's motivated to do it first thing every morning.  He is also having fun observing and comparing different coins that he uses to scratch off the leaf.


No comments: