We spent a week listening to the first book in The Sugar Creek Gang in the van. I love hearing the adventures of Little Jim, Poetry, Circus, Dragonfly, Big Jim, Bill Collins and Little Tom Till.
First I checked it out from the church library, and then I realized that an audio version would be better, so I (in a rare move) paid money for an audio book (mp3 format).
We have now listened to the first five (out of 36) books. We spend about a week on each one, listening to it over and over. :)
When I was a child, I could read the book. Or I could be by the radio from 3-3.15 pm and listen to the dramatized version. Period. If I missed a day, I missed it. I couldn't go back and listen to it again.
But now, Little Guy can have the print book read to him, or he can listen to the audio book. Or he can listen to the dramatized version (I assume it's online somewhere). Or he can watch the video, as he has done in the past week, thanks to Amazon prime. I was planning to hold off on the videos until we had finished all the books, but Mom needed some screen time in our day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment