Friday, November 29, 2019

Holiday

The day after Thanksgiving - our bonus day - felt like all the days I had imagined I would have with a preschooler.  It felt like all the days I grieve not having with Little Guy, due to his starting school at 3 1/2. 

We all ate well yesterday (Thanksgiving).

We all had our love tanks filled yesterday, spending 8+ hours with extended family.

We all got enough sleep (no alarm clock; no reason to wake up early).

We all woke up happy.

We had nowhere to go, nowhere to be at a certain time, no morning rush to get in the van with backpack and lunch.

We relaxed.  {Sigh!}

LG and I played a board game before LM woke up.

I had time to be creative and finally made the morning & evening routine charts I mentioned here. (LG said, "This is so cool, Mom!" LM recited the steps in her routine all day.)

The children played in their imagination for hours and hours, with no request for screen time.  They acted out The Sugar Creek Gang in great detail.  I was called upon at various times to be Bill's mother, or Mrs. Thompson, or Miss Lily the school teacher.  I was reminded to refer to LG as Bill and to LM as Charlotte Ann (or Poetry, as the case may be).  We all stayed in character through lunch.

We made a craft (!).

I did the bare minimum of online shopping to snag some deals.

By 2:00 we had eaten lunch, and packed Jim's lunch, and LG had gotten his barn clothes on & gathered his barn jacket, hat and gloves.  He did his post office chore (of running in and getting our mail) ... and suggested that we train LM to have the chore of bringing in any packages that UPS leaves on our front porch. :)  We dropped LG off at the farm to work for 2 hours, and LM and I ran an errand and then visited Grandpa.

Such a leisurely day! The type of day I dreamed we would have regularly.  The type of day we rarely have. 


No comments: